Branch action plan
The Yorkshire and Humber Branch aims to:
- Develop and run a calendar of CPD and social events throughout the year and provide assistance to LI central with events held in the region.
- Continue to liaise with other regional professional bodies with regards to CPD events.
- Continue to run a programme of P2C surgeries with three sessions in February and three sessions in August thus assisting Licentiates to work towards full membership.
- Support LI Central with the roll out of any new guidance by putting on related CPD events.
- Promote the profession within schools.
- Continue to strengthen links within the region with other professional bodies such as the RIBA / RTPI / RICS.
- Develop reciprocal links on other regional professional institute websites.
- Investigate the possibility of attending regional recruitment fairs and sharing a stand with other professional bodies.
- Continue to build links with Sheffield University, Sheffield Hallam University and Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Continue our support through the student award scheme which the LIYHB presents annually.
- Attend end of year degree shows.
- Encourage student attendance at CPD events.
- Continue to hold an annual research evening in one of the accredited universities.
- Promote landscape architecture through support for the White Rose Awards in association with RIBA. Sponsor the first annual White Rose Landscape Architecture Award.
- Continue to attend pan-professional working group hosted by Intergreat Yorkshire.
- Continue to improve links with bodies such as CIC Yorkshire, and Academy of Sustainable Communities. We have a representative on the CIC Yorkshire Committee.
- Produce regional brochure to promote landscape architecture in the region.